Kentucky State Police Trooper David Jones said the officer and Kentucky State Police went to a home on Brent Street in Paris to try "to make contact with an individual".
A Paris police officer's bullet-resistant vest saved him from serious injury during a confrontation with a suspect who was later killed during a gun battle.
Thank you for reading and relying on TulsaWorld.com for your news and information.
About 9:28 p.m. Tuesday, officers arrived to talk to Stidham, state police said. One officer from the Paris Police Department was hit one time in the abdomen area of his bullet-resistant arrest.
Police have not said why officers sought him out. The officer wasn't identified.
Officers then left the home and set up a perimeter around the house while the man remained barricaded inside.
Stidham continued to fire his weapon through windows at officers before the final exchange of gunfire.
Police say one man was dead at the scene but they haven't revealed how he died and his name has not been released.
- Derrick Rose rape lawsuit trial heading to Los Angeles jury
- UN Demands Friendly Solution to Turkey-Iraq Confrontation
- VIDEO Matan a un juez que atendió caso del 'El Chapo' Guzmán
- Russian Federation slams 'unprecedented' United States threats over cyber attacks
- Arsenal vs Ludogorets confirmed line-ups: Four changes for the Gunners
- Donald Trump says sexual-assault accusers 'want to stop our movement'
- EBay Revenue Grows, Though Profit Declines
- Kidnapping of State Correctional Officer: Details Released
- FC Zenit - Europa League Football - 20 October 2016
- LSU Game Rescheduled for November 19 in Baton Rouge