Damarious Randall is battling a groin injury, so things are getting thin in the Green Bay secondary.
The Green Bay Packers have been without Sam Shields since he suffered a Week 1 injury.
The team later confirmed the move.
Shields had been making progress through the concussion protocol, McCarthy said recently.
The corner posted a message on his Instagram account stating that he hopes to return this season. "I will make a full recovery within that time frame".
The team could activate Shields off IR after eight weeks. Shields has been sidelined since Week 2 with his fifth career concussion, but via the defensive back's social media page, he hopes to be designated as the Packers' "return" player in eight weeks.
Earlier today, General Manager Ted Thompson sent a conditional future draft choice to the Kansas City Chiefs for running back Knile Davis, a fourth year pro out of Arkansas.
The seventh-year corner missed the final three games of the regular season in 2015 due to a concussion sustained in December versus the Cowboys, but returned for the club's playoff overtime loss to the Cardinals.
- Arsene Wenger says he never wanted to sell rejuvenated Theo Walcott
- Yahoo's Email Hack May Interfere With Verizon Acquisition
- Capturan a personal en La Guajira por contrataciones irregulares del Icbf
- Cardinals roll past listless Jets 28-3
- Chicago police release video of suspect beating female officer
- Airport expansion delayed for at least another year
- Actress pleads not guilty in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Tom Cruise's 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' packs a punch
- Federal Bureau of Investigation and State Dept clashed over Clinton e-mail classification
- Un fuerte sismo de magnitud 4,8 sacude Pisco