If "yes" then a Premier League club can find an agreement with the players.
The England worldwide started just 15 league games and scored five goals last season, but has already matched that goal tally this term following his brace in Saturday's win over Swansea.
However, Wenger indicated that the key to negotiations is not how much the club can offer, but how the club can help both players meet their professional ambitions.
Wenger's request to the Englishman comes just days after Oxlade-Chamberlain said he may have to consider a move away from the Gunners due to lack of playing time.
With one deft chip with his right foot, Alexis Sanchez put Arsenal out in front of underdog Ludogorets in the Champions League on Wednesday.
"What I've seen of him is that he lets the passion for the game come out of his body".
"McGregor, when you want" he said to the camera, before admitting: "Okay..."
When expanding upon player wages, Wenger gave a little more insight into how the club keeps players happy when others around them are making more, as well as how the wage structure works.
"If you were a player you would try the same".
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is ready to shuffle his pack and Coquelin could come back into the side having recovered from the knee injury he suffered in the win over Chelsea last month.
"I feel 100 percent fit".
Coquelin's place in Arsenal's side has arguably never been under more pressure following the recent additions of Granit Xhaka and Mohamed Elneny. "We still keep values we have at the club, of course, and we pay what we can afford". "There's always going to be great quality in this squad".
"That shows that it's down to how well you can play in every single game to keep up there and to fight for the championship. It can only improve the whole squad".
- ¿Qué hará Barack Obama tras el fin de su mandato?
- Amy Schumer, Meryl Streep, sexual assault survivors blast Trump
- VIDEO Matan a un juez que atendió caso del 'El Chapo' Guzmán
- Duterte to DND: No joint drills with USA troops next year
- Federal Bureau of Investigation and State Dept clashed over Clinton e-mail classification
- Actress pleads not guilty in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Yahoo's Email Hack May Interfere With Verizon Acquisition
- Volleyball: Clyde, Bellevue and SJCC all advance
- Chicago police release video of suspect beating female officer
- Khloe Kardashian calls sister Kim's robbery 'a