Samsung has had problems with the Galaxy Note 7 since it debuted in August, when some customers reported that the phone's battery caught on fire while charging!
Sought for comment, Samsung said it is coordinating with authorities to retrieve the Galaxy Note 7 device to find out the cause of the incident.
In a statement, Samsung said it was working to recover the device and understand the cause.
"Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share", the company said in a statement.
The news is especially damaging for Samsung because the device in question was reportedly a "safe" replacement version of the phone, which was not believed to be vulnerable to the overheating issue.
Southwest Airlines said evacuated passengers were put on other flights for their final destinations.
The Verge spoke to the phone's owner, Brian Green, in order to confirm that he picked up the new phone from AT&T's store on September 21st. According to Samsung, there should not have been any more defective Galaxy Note 7 units available to purchase at that point.
But Reuters reports the device was the fire-prone Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. Recently, Samsung again started replacing its safe Note 7 to its customers. Soon he dropped it on the floor and noticed a "thick grey-green angry smoke". Green says the Note 7 was charged to about 80% and he had only used a wireless charger since getting the device.
The incident prompted fresh investigations by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Fox estrena "2091" protagonizada Angie Cepeda
- Almost All Apple Chargers Sold On Amazon Are Fake
- Teacher washes out boy's mouth with soap
- México cree en sus fuerzas federales: Segob
- The Greatest Debut In NHL History
- Who made the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee list?
- Mattel Inc. (MAT) Is Up After Q3 Revenues Exceeded Expectations
- Willy Wonka Movie Reboot In The Works
- UK dentists slam child migrant X-Ray idea
- Messi hits 3 as Barcelona beats Guardiola's Man City